I got to speak with director Leonardo D’Agostini and screenwriter Antonella Lattanzi to discuss their film Il campione (The Champion) (2019). In our conversation, they talk about what inspired the film’s story, the challenges and opportunities of the screenwriting process, plus moments that didn’t make it into the final film.
This interview was conducted on January 12, 2020 at the 31st Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival.
- Palm Springs International Film Festival: The Champion
- Il campione (The Champion) – my Jan. 2020 essay
- Social Media: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Subscribe: iTunes | Spotify | Google | RSS
This episode features the following music excerpt:
- “Il Mondo E’ Tuo” by Jovanotti