Buona Pasqua! This is a special Easter edition of Cinema Italiano, with an audio essay on Pier Paolo Pasolini’s The Gospel According to St. Matthew, exploring this excitingly anachronistic tale of Christ with themes and motifs that recur throughout Pasolini’s filmography.
- The Gospel According to Film – April 2018 essay comparing three films about the life of Christ
- Social Media: Facebook | Instagram
- Subscribe: iTunes | Spotify | RSS
This episode features the following music excerpts:
- “Gloria” by Les Troubadours du Roi Baudouin
- “Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child” by Odetta